RTI Donor Services has compiled the following list of resources that we hope are helpful to you and your family as you go through the grieving process.*
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if we can provide you with further assistance.
- National Kidney Foundation
- A site designed to provide information and resources for organ and tissue donor families, as well as recipients, and medical professionals. This site features a message board and a Pen Pal program to provide sharing and support.
- Journey of Hearts
- A site designed to provide comforting readings and images to help those in mourning through the grieving process.
- Grief, Loss & Recovery
- A comprehensive site with an online support group, poems, articles, memorials, and memoirs.
- AARP Grief & Loss
- A collection of resources for those who are grieving. Includes practical matters, remembering and celebrating, and online support and sharing.
- Directed by a clinical grief psychologist, this site offers support groups for adults and kids, as well as memorials and other resources.
- Online discussion groups for all bereaved. Includes a group for organ and tissue donors.
- Topics covered include grief, bereavement, recovery, and other information helpful to people of all ages, religious backgrounds and sexual orientations, who have suffered the death of a spouse or life partner. Contains articles and discussion boards.
- The Sibling Connection
- Created as a resource for anyone who has experienced the death of a sibling. Contains many articles about the loss of a sibling for both adults and children.
- Crisis, Grief, & Healing
- A site established by psychotherapist Tom Golden with discussion groups, reading material, and excerpts from his books _Swallowed by a Snake: The Gift of the Masculine Side of Healing_, and _A Man You Know is Grieving: 12 Ideas for Helping Him Heal From Loss_.
- Friends For Survival, Inc.
- An outreach program for survivors of suicide loss. Contains newsletter articles and survivor poems.
For Those Who Have Lost Children
- The Compassionate Friends
- For families that have lost children, this site brings together many people who are mourning their loss. There are local chapters nationwide to provide support, as well as a national magazine, conferences and other resources.
- Alive Alone
- A site dedicated to those who have lost children. Contains a newsletter and message board.
- The Miss Foundation
- Provides support to grieving families who have lost children, as well as advocacy opportunities such as volunteering, public policy education and other programs.
- Baby Steps
- Support for those on the long road to recovery from the loss of a baby. Includes spaces to leave a memorial and other resources including stories written by grieving parents and siblings and reading lists for all ages.
- Alliance of Grandparents, a Support of Tragedy
- For bereaved grandparents. Contains a newsletter and forum.
Helping Children Grieve
- National Center For Grieving Children and Families, Grieving Children
- The Dougy Center is a nonprofit organization that provides support for grieving children. Has an area for adults, children over 13 and children under 12.
- Grief & Loss on Beliefnet
- This section of beliefnet.com explores grief and mourning from the perspective of many different religions. It contains articles, prayer circles, memorials and other resources.
- The Jewish Bereavement Project
- A unique resource supplying spiritual guidance from the beliefs of Judaism.
- MEND: Mommies Enduring Neonatal Death
- A Christian site for those who have lost a child due to miscarriage, stillbirth or early infant death. Offers support groups and a quarterly newsletter.
- Understanding the Experience of Grief
- An article that focuses on the sudden loss of a loved one and how to cope. Buddhist centered.
- Talking to Children about Death
- A straightforward article on helping your children through mourning. Buddhist centered.