“I never knew that bone or tissue could improve the quality of someone’s life so much,” says Mattie. “I would encourage anyone to donate tissue.”– Mattie Owens, recipient
Events & Outreach
RTI Donor Services values our role in the donation industry as responsible stewards of the gift of tissue donation, as well as serving as a good community member, raising awareness of donation and honoring those who make the Gift of Life possible.
RTI Surgical and RTI Donor Services are active in several organ and tissue donation industry organizations, and numerous employees serve in leadership roles.
- American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB)
- Association of Organ Procurement Organizations (AOPO)
- Donate Life America
- National Association of Medical Examiners (NAME)
- National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA)
Donation Education and Awareness
RTI and RTI Donor Services are dedicated to raising awareness of the need for life-saving and life-enhancing organ and tissue donation. Our corporate giving philosophy prioritizes donation awareness-related activities and programs, some of which include:
- Donate Life America Rose Parade Float (founding sponsor)
- State Coalitions on Donation
- Five Points of Life
- State and federal lobbying
- Regional and statewide education and awareness initiatives